Boulder Criminal Defense Lawyer
Few people dealing with the criminal justice system for the first time understand the consequences of being convicted of a criminal offense. Even if you are offered a plea bargain that results in no jail time, you could still end up with a permanent criminal record that can have a negative effect on your life.
To protect your reputation and your future, you should contact an experienced defense attorney like myself as soon as you are contacted by law enforcement. You should never say anything to police, as even innocent statements can be twisted around and used against you.
The following pages provide more information about some of the types of cases I handle:
- Drunk driving/traffic offenses: To protect your driver’s license and possibly your employment, it is essential to seek the advice of an experienced lawyer like myself as soon as possible.
- Drug charges: I am a member of NORML and represent many individuals charged with drug crimes, including possession, distribution and cultivation of marijuana.
- Sexual assault and sex offenses: Prosecutors tend to believe the accuser without any verification in sex crime cases. As a result, many innocent people get swept up into the system, and I have successfully defended many of those people.
- Internet crimes: I defend people accused of Internet crimes such as possession of child pornography, luring and identify theft.
- Violent crimes: I have extensive experience raising issues of self-defense and defense of property in assault and domestic violence cases.
- Property crimes: Theft crimes can have serious consequences, especially if you have prior convictions. I have successfully defended many people against charges such as theft, robbery and burglary.
- College student crimes and disciplinary proceedings: I defend students at the University of Colorado Boulder who are charged with crimes in both the criminal justice system and at the CU disciplinary process.
- White collar crimes: Crimes such as mortgage fraud and embezzlement can carry lengthy prison sentences since they can involve large sums of money and require special expertise in defending them. I have that expertise and have been successful in defending clients charged with these crimes.
- Federal criminal defense: The consequences of being charged with a federal crime are often more serious than a state crime, due to federal sentencing guidelines. I have successfully defended clients in their area all the way to the U.S. Supreme court.
- Grand jury/criminal investigations: The time to contact a defense attorney is before you are charged with a crime. I am very experienced in this area and will protect your rights at this stage of the proceeding.
I also represent people in bail and bond proceedings, bond violations, probation violations and revocations, and restraining order cases.
Criminal Defense Lawyer Serving Longmont and Other Colorado Communities
For more information or to schedule an initial consultation with me, Boulder criminal defense attorney Marc Milavitz, call 303-442-2166 or send me an e-mail through this website. I do offer a free initial telephone interview to determine whether or not I can help you.